Free School Meal Eligibility
All Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 pupils in state-funded schools can have free school meals. This is known as “universal entitlement”.
If you think you receive one of the qualifying benefits, we recommend that you still apply. This will mean your child’s school does not miss out on important funding. It may also mean your child will continue to receive free meals after the end of Year 2.
If your child has been receiving universal free school meals and is approaching the end of Year 2, please apply for free school meals using the link below after 1 July. (You do not need to do this if you have previously applied for free school meals.)
Families who receive the following are eligible for free school meals:
- income support
- income-based Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA)
- income-related employment and support allowance (ESA)
- guarantee element of state pension credit
- Universal Credit (with an annual income of less than £7,400)
- Both income-based and contribution-based JSA/ESA if you receive the same amount for both. You should also qualify if you receive both but the income-based amount is greater, but not if the contribution-based amount is greater.
- Families who are awarded Child Tax Credit and have an annual income, as assessed by HMRC, not in excess of £16,190 are also eligible to claim free school meals providing there is no entitlement to Working Tax Credit (unless in respect of a 4-week ‘run-on’).
If you need any support with this process, then please contact Mrs Warner in the office.
To apply, please follow this link:
Warwickshire Free School Meals
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PUPILS ELIGIBILE FOR FREE SCHOOL MEALS
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PUPILS ELIGIBILE FOR FREE SCHOOL MEALS Warwickshire Local Authority have been in contact with us to outline how students are able to claim their Free School Meal whilst the school is closed. Please see the information below with instructions of how to register.
Warwickshire's Welfare Scheme Details. If children are registered for Free School Meals you can apply in the first instance for six weeks of support to buy food whilst they are not at school. This will be through a £30 voucher per child that you will receive via text/SMS to your mobile and can be exchanged for cash at any Paypoint outlet. We are currently offering six weeks of support as we do not know how long schools will be closed for.
From Monday 23rd March 2020, our Local Welfare Scheme Team will be happy to help and you can apply using either of these methods:
- calling on 0800 4081448 or 01926 359182. You will be asked for each child's name, date of birth and a valid mobile number
- emailing us at email@example.com. You will need to include each child's name, date of birth and a valid mobile number
Please be patient when calling us as we are anticipating a high volume of enquiries.
We can confirm that you can contact us at anytime during the six weeks and you will still be eligible for the full amount.